Children’s Museum of Houston ‘Explore Abilities’ Day
April 22 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
One event on April 22, 2019 at 10:00am
SEPT. 24: EXPLORE ABILITIES DAY
The Children’s Museum of Houston will host Explore Abilities Day, an opportunity for kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences to explore the Museum. We have a host of activities for both caregivers and kids, including story times, therapy dogs and much more! Doors will be closed to the public. There will be no music and sound-reducing headphones will be available. Outside food and drinks will beallowed (Fresh Café will be closed).
This exclusive event includes the following modifications:
- Doors will be closed to the public
- Less crowded environment free from unnecessary distractions
- No music will be playing on the overhead audio systems
- Extra visual signage for safety
- Specialists on hand for consultation and extra fun activities
- Sound reducing headphones, ear defenders and sunglasses available on loan
- Designated quiet rooms will be available
- Families are allowed to bring in outside food and drinks (Fresh Café will be closed)
Admission is just $5, and FREE for members! To register, please contact Lydia Dungus at (713) 535-7238.
Media Note: There is a possibility news outlets will attend and photograph this event.
FUTURE EXPLORE ABILITIES DATES